xTuple Wholesale Distribution Product Guide
Comprehensive reference document for xWD, vital for Wholesale Distribution.
xWD, an essential component for wholesale distributors using xTuple ERP
The Guide explains the steps for installing, configuring and using the xWD package, an essential component for wholesale distributors using xTuple. The guide is distributed as a PDF file, suitable for printing.
xWD is an extension package that contains features designed to serve the Wholesale Distribution community. It provides general overall support for distributors―and specific support for the electrical, HVAC, plumbing, and industrial wholesale distribution markets.
Table of Contents
- xWD Basic Flow
- Choosing an xTuple ERP Edition
- Getting the Required Files
- Installing the Package
- External Vendor Catalog
- Configuring the External Vendor Catalog
- Setting up Vendor Catalog Conversions
- External Vendor Catalog Screen
- Vendor Catalogs
- Importing Data into the External Vendor Catalog
- CSV Tool, Atlas and Maps
- The Standard Trade Service Atlas
- Atlas Settings for Import
- Importing a File
- Converting Items
- Updating Items with xWD
- Order Processing
- Detailed Item Information
- Specialized Distribution Documents
- Advanced Item Search (AIS)
- Re-Sequencing Line Items
- Cost Plus Pricing
- Creating a Cost Plus Pricing Schedule
- Assigning a Pricing Schedule to Customers
- Industry Standard Margin Calculations
- Smooth Margins
- Customer Favorites
- Easy Shipping from Order Entry
- Field Level Privileges
- Sales Commissions Reporting
- Lost Sales Reporting
- Purchase Order Processing
- Purchase Orders
- Learning More
- Videos at xTuple.com
- Consulting Help
- Ask the User Community
- Reading the Source
As you will learn in the Guide, xWD features are firmly embedded in xTuple, especially in the Quoting, Sales Order, and Purchase Order areas. To give just one example, it's possible to browse and search the full Trade Service Catalog from within xTuple. Then with one click you can convert Catalog Items―including their Vendor pricing and other characteristics―to Items you can actually sell using xTuple.
For more information on the xWD package itself, please see xTuple for Wholesale Distribution.
Subscribe to updates
There are no products in your shopping cart.