We were on the bottom end for the size of a company that can move to an ERP system. We were also at the top end in size of a company that can use QuickBooks. xTuple is focused on their clients’ needs. The website, community, and training classes are a big help.
xTuple: Setup, Configuration and Operation (Class)
Implementing an ERP system is a major undertaking.
This class pays for itself even if you gain only a single insight over the course of the week. For years, we referred to this class as an "introduction" to xTuple ERP, but we've consistently heard from customers — and Partners alike — that it is MUCH more than that.
Classes are presented as follows:
- Day One, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Day Two, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Day Three, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Day Four, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Day Five, 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- Note: This training meets 5 times. You are expected to attend all 5 sessions.
- Day 1: Brief overview of ERP basic concepts and xTuple demo
- Day 2: Build your own xTuple database, populate users, items, BOMs/BOOs, etc.
- Day 3: Populate costs, purchasing, sales, CRM, accounting information and financial reports
- Day 4-5: Run common business processes from start to finish on your own database
Who Should Attend?
- ERP Project Managers
- Accounting professionals
- Operations leaders
- IT professionals
Whether you're just getting started with your implementation or are already live in production, this class will help you identify ways to do more with xTuple for a better return on your investment.
Additional Detail on Curriculum
In this class, you'll learn everything you could possibly ever want to know about ERP, in general, and xTuple ERP in particular. It's a comprehensive class, intended for xTuple partners and implementation team leaders at xTuple end-user sites. You won't know it all after this class, but you'll be well on your way.
After Completing this course, you will be able to:
- Create New Users
- Complete Basic Database Setup
- Complete Initial Item Setup
- Complete Product Definition
- Create Items
- Create Bills of Materials
- Create Bills of Operations
- Complete Product Family Definition
- Create Master Production Scheduling
- Create Materials Requirements Planning
- Understanding and Definition of Costing
- Standard Costing
- Average Costing
- Complete Purchase Definition Set-up
- Configure Sales Process Flows
- Define within CRM
- Set-up Cash Management and Accounting Periods
- Create Financial Statement Definitions
xTuple ERP Processing
- Take Sales Orders
- Use Pricing Schedules
- MRP Scheduling Planned Orders
- Purchase Requests
- Purchase Orders
- Vouchering Receipts
- Check Runs
- Work Orders
- Shop Floor
- Picking, Shipping and Tracking
- G/L Review
- Requests for refunds for Live Classes must be received in writing at least 30 days prior to scheduled start date of training session. All cancellations will be subject to a $100 cancellation fee. No refunds will be granted within 30 days of scheduled start date. For Web-based Classes, all sales are final. No refunds will be granted for Group Internet Classes.
- Participants of canceled classes will be offered course credits which may be applied to future courses and must be redeemed within 12 months of receipt.
- This class has been reviewed by the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy. Qualified attendees are eligible to receive 40 CPE credit hours. In accordance with the standards of the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, CPE credits have been granted based on a 50-minute hour.
- For more information regarding refunds, complaints and/or program cancellation policy or for general questions, please contact xTuple Training Team.
Field of Study
- Specialized Knowledge and Applications
xTuple is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN, 37219-2417. Visit: www.nasba.org.
Subscribe to updates
Try online training for learning at your convenience — Now in beta
Webinars, classroom training, distance learning, meetups and conferences
"I did NOT want to attend the Introduction to xTuple ERP course. I have 20 years of ERP experience in several packages and within several industries. I didn't think that an 'introduction' class was going to teach me anything new. I held my nose and kept an open mind, and after the first few hours, I was glad I had come. The course turned out to be a good investment, even for someone with my experience. The instructor led us at an easy pace through lecture, demonstration, and hands on configuration of the xTuple ERP application. By the last day we 'opened' our practice companies for business and were able to completely understand how the data flows through the business model."
--Shane Steinkamp, The Carpenter Company