When creating fields and text labels you have the ability to select a query source and specify a field from that query source to pull information from. Two predefined query sources are defined by the system, Context Query and Parameter Query. In this article, we will review and detail the two predefined system queries and the possible fields that can be referenced from them.
The Parameter Query allows you to reference any of the parameter variables that are passed to the report renderer at the time the report is rendered. You can reference the name of any of the parameters and get the passed in value as the result.
The Context Query defines several fields that can be referenced that are either defined elsewhere in the report definition for convenience or is information that changes for rendering to rendering of the report for one reason or another.
Following is a list of the different fields that can references from the Context Query and what they return
- This field returns the value as specified in the report Name of the documents properties.
- This field returns the value as specified in the report Title of the documents properties.
- This field returns the value as specified in teh report Description of the documents properties.
- This field returns the current date the report is rendered on using the function formatDate(CURRENT_DATE) for formatting purposes.
- This field returns the current time the report is rendered on using the function formatTime(CURRENT_TIMESTAMP) for formatting purposes.
- This field returns the current page number that is being rendered when the field is referenced.
- This field returns the total page count of the report being rendered.