Accounting for Non-Accountants
xTuple delivers practical, convenient — and affordable — training for everyone, especially via live, online classes — learning at the convenience and comfort of your own computer in the location of your choice — in a wide variety and ever-growing list of subjects vital to your success:
“Accounting for Non-Accountants” is designed for participants who have little or no accounting knowledge and is equally applicable to those who are new to xTuple or current xTuple users who want to bolster their knowledge of both basic accounting principles and fundamental configuration and operation of core xTuple accounting functionality.
- Time investment — One day, 6-hours total
- Available CPE Credits — 6
- Activity Level — Basic
Classes are presented as follows:
- Tuesday, 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
- Eastern Time (GMT-05:00-US & Canada)
- Note: This training meets 2 times. You are expected to attend both sessions.
The course is geared towards those who are new to xTuple, perhaps in the early stages of an implementation, and those who have been using xTuple for some time. Users with some accounting knowledge including bookkeepers may also find the review of basic accounting principles useful and will benefit from the section devoted to xTuple accounting configuration and operations.
- What is accounting?
- Why is accounting important?
- Why is accounting important in ERP?
- Who is involved in the accounting process in an integrated business?
- What are the basic account types?
- What is a debit and a credit?
- What are the debits and credits throughout the entire order to cash flow process?
- What is a trial balance and how is it derived?
- What is the purpose of the different financial statements?
- Where does activity post and how is it reported?
- Other concepts such as:
- Costing, Standard, Average and Job Cost
- Manufacturing Accounting
- Specifically for xTuple:
- What is the core setup?
- How are accounting periods defined?
- How are general ledger accounts created?
- What are the ways to post journal entries?
- What are the basics of general ledger account mappings?
- How is a payable processed from voucher to check?
- How is a receivable processed from invoice to cash receipt?
- How are financial reports generated?
The course is delivered online in two three-hour segments conducted on the same day. Presentation and lecture along with actual demonstrations in xTuple will provide participants with both a fundamental understanding of concepts and an appreciation for their practical application.
- Group-live online
- Requests for refunds for Live Classes must be received in writing at least 30 days prior to scheduled start date of training session. All cancellations will be subject to a $100 cancellation fee. No refunds will be granted within 30 days of scheduled start date. For Web-based Classes, all sales are final. No refunds will be granted for Group Internet Classes.
- Participants of canceled classes will be offered course credits which may be applied to future courses and must be redeemed within 12 months of receipt.
- This class has been reviewed by the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy. Qualified attendees are eligible to receive 6 CPE credit hours. In accordance with the standards of the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, CPE credits have been granted based on a 50-minute hour.
- For more information regarding refunds, complaints and/or program cancellation policy or for general questions, please contact our offices at training@xTuple.com or call 757-461-3022, extension 118.
Field of Study
- Specialized Knowledge and Applications
Price & Registration
- $295.00 USD per registrant
- Contact xTuple Training to reserve your seat in the next class
xTuple is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN, 37219-2417. Visit: www.nasba.org.
Join our mailing list
Try online training for learning at your convenience — Now in beta
Webinars, classroom training, distance learning, meetups and conferences