Imagine helping growing companies improve the way they do business
Are you a self-starter who can aggressively self-educate and self-direct?
Looking for a career that’s challenging, satisfying — and motivating?
Want to build and deploy great technology for our customers?
Submit Your Resume
Submit Your Resume
Send your resume in confidence. Applications from talented people are welcome. Please no inquiries from outsourced programming shops. All product development is performed by xTuple staff, trained xTuple partners and customers, or members of our open source community.
- U.S. Headquarters — Owner-occupied and high-tech renovated 10,000-square foot 1940s-era bank building
- Location — "Innovation Corridor" of downtown Norfolk, Virginia — financial, cultural and entertainment center of Hampton Roads region
- Benefits — All employees receive stock options, participate in quarterly profit-sharing, eligible for company-provided health benefits
- Culture — Heavy on geekery, including frequent company-hosted Tech Meetups, company outings to superhero movies, and a year-round Star Trek Christmas tree
- Environment — Work hard, play hard with ping pong, pool, air hockey, and more, all to get your creativity flowing
- Opportunity — Military veterans and members of the military that will be or have transitioned out of the armed forces are encouraged to apply
- Close to all public transit (including "The Tide" light rail at our front door)
- Close to entertainment, including the Norva named Rolling Stone's "Best Music Venue in America"
- Easy walk to coffee shops, restaurants, bars, dozens of craft breweries, and urban living
- Within minutes of active, outdoor lifestyle on the East Coast, including Virginia Beach
- Industry Sales Representative
- Are you selling for a manufacturing company or distributor today? Seeking professionals with real industry experience for financially rewarding opportunity. Help us demo and explain the benefits of ERP software solutions to manufacturers and distributors. If you have worked with any ERP before, that's a value-added bonus for this position.
- ERP Professionals
- Ever developed or deployed other ERP or accounting software products? The ERP Graveyard is filling up with these old products, but your skills developed over the past 20+ years implementing them are more relevant than ever! APICS certification (CPIM) is a strong plus, as is ability to travel. Certified Public Accountants (CPA) welcome.
- Sales & Marketing Associate or Sales & Marketing Manager
- Our growing team is in need of cross-functional sales and marketing assistance. The position is flexible and duties may change based on ideal candidate's aptitudes and passions.
- More on Sales & Marketing position
- Telemarketing and Telesales Professionals
- Enjoy a challenge? Can you explain (or learn to) ERP over the telephone? There are millions of companies in manufacturing and distribution, many of whom have very little in the way of technology infrastructure. A core part of xTuple's mission is to share the benefits of enterprise-class software available and make it affordable for the companies who really need it.
- Software Engineers
- More on xTuple Senior Software Engineer positions
- IT and Web Engineer
- Motivated to manage key internal IT functions? Requires strong knowledge of Linux/UNIX, networks, phone systems, and security, as well as genuine enthusiasm for technology and learning new things. Able to analyze benefits of new tools and works well in a fast-paced, often hectic, team environment. Desktop support is key aspect of day-to-day. While not a Webmaster position, knowledge of Web technologies (particularly Drupal and PHP) as well as database knowledge, particularly PostgreSQL, are strong pluses.
- Product Managers
- Do you think like an entrepreneur? Want to kickstart your entrepreneurial aspirations? Results-oriented evangelists to serve as “CEO” of their product, driving execution of product strategy and company goals.
- More on xTuple Product Manager positions
- Quality Assurance Engineer
- Programmers with a passion for quality to help expand the scope of our software testing processes. Position requires work in Agile environments, experience with automated testing, and familiarity with behavior-driven development.
- Drupal Developers and Webmasters
- Our xTupleCommerce Web Portal — and our own websites — are built using the Drupal CMS, and we continue to develop rich interactions between Drupal and the xTuple ERP backend.
- More on Drupal Experienced Front End Developer
- More on Drupal Web Manager — xTuple Web Developer-Designer
- PostgreSQL Experts
- Each of our customers runs at least one PostgreSQL database (the world's most advanced open source database). Experience with cloud offerings preferred. Looking for both developers and database administrators (DBA).
I started my internship at xTuple in 2008 during the last year of my B.S. in Computer Science at ODU. This internship put me well ahead of other Computer Science graduates, and really jump started my career. I learned a lot during my time at xTuple and worked with some fantastic people. Working here, I was able to learn technologies that I would have never been introduced to otherwise, like Qt and PostgreSQL. Getting an internship during college will make you more desirable than most graduates in your class, but an internship at xTuple will surely put you at the top.
Louise Salinas, ODU Technical Writing majorMy tasks included editing and preparing videos for xTuple University (xTupleU), designed to teach users the best way to fully implement xTuple software. This training and application was valuable to me as a student; it allowed me to 'put my skills to the test' and see how all the things I've learned can be applied to the work environment. As a Technical Writing major I never imagined my video editing hobby would be my 'edge' in the workplace. I am very grateful for this internship; not only did I learn the technical skills I was promised, I was also able to witness how communication and camaraderie play a key role in how a company functions.
Internships with xTuple can lead to full-time employment
- Summer Interns
- Besides awesome career exposure, summer interns may be eligible to participate in LiveNFK, a program designed to bring together corporate interns and summer associates to network and experience what it’s like to live, work and play in Norfolk and the region. As part of an ongoing effort to attract and retain talented young professionals to Norfolk and the region, the City of Norfolk, Downtown Norfolk Council and Greater Norfolk Corporation are collaborating to provide a variety of events over the summer for LiveNFK participants.
- Content Marketing Intern
- Are you a creative writer interested in B2B experience? We are in constant design and development of our website properties and in need of reading and interpretation skills, as well as social media and/or blog writing experience. Internships could include review and editing of current content (written and video). Must be detail-oriented, independent, and want to wow the Internet with your content creation and editing experience.
- Google Intern
- Are you interested in working with and learning more about Google Analytics, Google AdWords and pay-per-click (PPC) sales campaigns? Must be detail-oriented, independent, and a self-learner.
- Video Production Intern
- Are you a creative and technical visual artist looking for real-world experience? Build your resume! Include producing, editing and publishing of our growing library of xTupleUniversity's online instructional videos, as well as YouTube marketing and Vimeo educational videos. Must be detail-oriented, independent, and a self-starter with video editing experience.
- General Interns
- xTuple is always looking for interns in software development, sales and marketing, and information technology. Exposure to small businesses struggling with business software or coursework in relevant technologies or operations management is helpful.
How I Turned My College Internship into a Paying Job at xTuple
How I Turned My College Internship into a Paying Job at xTuple
Students learn how one young man turned his college internship into full-time employment at xTuple, an open source business management software company. Internships may qualify for course credits in many college majors.