What set xTuple apart was how solid the functionality was for the price. Most small to mid-sized companies cannot afford the more expensive ERP systems out there, but they do need a system. xTuple’s offering was clearly the best value.
xSG - Formatting
- Serial Comma. The serial comma (also known as the Oxford comma or Harvard comma) is the comma used immediately before a coordinating conjunction (and, or, nor) preceding the final item in a list of three or more items. For example, a list of three countries could be punctuated as either “Portugal, Spain, and France” (with the serial comma) or as “Portugal, Spain and France” (without the serial comma). In American and British English, the serial comma is standard usage in non-journalistic writing that follows the Chicago Manual of Style. Journalists, however, follow the AP Stylebook, which advises against it. In many languages (e.g., Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Romanian, Spanish) the serial comma is not the norm and goes against punctuation rules.
- Semi Colon. The semi colon is recommended to aid the intended tone or rhythm of the writing (e.g., “He hit the ball, dropped the bat, and ran to first base. The semi colon is recommended in place of the serial comma to avoid ambiguity in the case of complex or lengthy phrases (e.g., There were citizens from Bangor, Maine; Hartford, Connecticut; Boston, Massachusetts; and Newport, Rhode Island.)
- Spacing. Only one space after each period or any sentence-ending punctuation. Two spaces after a colon.
- Capitalization and Hyphenation. Examples: Web-based, Web, Internet, website, email, eCommerce
xTuple has capitalization and spellings specific to our company name and products. Please follow naming conventions as provided throughout our website. Examples:
- xTuple (even at the beginning of a new sentence or bullet, the company name is always expressed as "xTuple")
- Mobile Web app, Desktop client
If relative to the site, omit the target attribute in the link; but if linking to an external site, always open the link in a new window or tab. A quick way to do this is by adding the target=”_blank” attribute.
Example of a relative link:
<a href=”internal/page”>Internal page</a>
Example of external link:
<a href=”http://google.com” target=”_blank”>External page</a>
Capitalize the first word in bullets; punctuation at the end of each phrase is optional and generally not used. Short phrases and sentences should end with appropriate punctuation.
Any questions about formatting usage should be submitted to xTuple Marketing Team.
xTuple Style Guide
- Mission & History
- History Timeline Infographic
- Management Team
- Jobs & Internships
- Customers & Reviews
- Contact xTuple Sales Team
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Quality Assurance Process
- News Room – Media Releases
- News Room – Publications
- News Room – xTupler e-News
- Photo Gallery
- xTuple Corporate Brochure
- xTuple Style Guide
- Media Inquiries