All we had to do was purchase the software and several licenses and see how we liked it. We could do the implementation ourselves, at our pace. Overall, xTuple gave us alternatives that no other vendor could.
xTuple: Setup, Configuration and Operation (Class)
Implementing an ERP system is a major undertaking.
This class pays for itself even if you gain only a single insight over the course of the week. For years, we referred to this class as an "introduction" to xTuple ERP, but we've consistently heard from customers - and Partners alike - that it is MUCH more than that.
Training classes held in Washington, D.C. - provide opportunities for group outings during your free evenings, or bring your family and enjoy all that America's Capital City has to offer. Attend just one week or both weeks.
Official Travel Website of Washington, D.C. - a vibrant city full of museums and history, art galleries and theaters. Some popular attractions: Explore the national monuments - the best time to see them is at night when they are illuminated and less crowded. Tour the three houses of U.S. Government - the U.S. Capitol Building, the White House and the U.S. Supreme Court and you will gain a fuller understanding of the division of power within our democratic government. Walk, bike or kayak along the historic C&O Canal. Visit Mount Vernon - the 500-acre estate of George Washington, the first President of the United States.
Training classes held in Norfolk, Virginia - include one group activity such as an evening aboard the Tall Sailing Ship American Rover to see Hampton Roads, the largest natural harbor - and largest Navy base - in the world. Or, xTuple golf, if weather and time permits.
- Day 1: Brief overview of ERP basic concepts and xTuple demo
- Day 2: Build your own xTuple database, populate users, items, BOMs/BOOs, etc.
- Day 3: Populate costs, purchasing, sales, CRM, accounting information and financial reports
- Day 4-5: Run common business processes from start to finish on your own database
Who Should Attend?
- ERP Project Managers
- Accounting professionals
- Operations leaders
- IT professionals
Whether you're just getting started with your implementation or are already live in production, this class will help you identify ways to do more with xTuple for a better return on your investment.
Additional Detail on Curriculum
In this class, you'll learn everything you could possibly ever want to know about ERP, in general, and xTuple ERP in particular. It's a comprehensive class, intended for xTuple partners and implementation team leaders at xTuple end-user sites. You won't know it all after this class, but you'll be well on your way.
After Completing this course, you will be able to:
- Create New Users
- Complete Basic Database Setup
- Complete Initial Item Setup
- Complete Product Definition
- Create Items
- Create Bills of Materials
- Create Bills of Operations
- Complete Product Family Definition
- Create Master Production Scheduling
- Create Materials Requirements Planning
- Understanding and Definition of Costing
- Standard Costing
- Average Costing
- Complete Purchase Definition Set-up
- Configure Sales Process Flows
- Define within CRM
- Set-up Cash Management and Accounting Periods
- Create Financial Statement Definitions
xTuple ERP Processing
- Take Sales Orders
- Use Pricing Schedules
- MRP Scheduling Planned Orders
- Purchase Requests
- Purchase Orders
- Vouchering Receipts
- Check Runs
- Work Orders
- Shop Floor
- Picking, Shipping and Tracking
- G/L Review
- Requests for refunds for Live Classes must be received in writing at least 30 days prior to scheduled start date of training session. All cancellations will be subject to a $100 cancellation fee. No refunds will be granted within 30 days of scheduled start date. For Web-based Classes, all sales are final. No refunds will be granted for Group Internet Classes.
- Participants of canceled classes will be offered course credits which may be applied to future courses and must be redeemed within 12 months of receipt.
- This class has been reviewed by the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy. Qualified attendees are eligible to receive 40 CPE credit hours. In accordance with the standards of the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, CPE credits have been granted based on a 50-minute hour.
- For more information regarding refunds, complaints and/or program cancellation policy or for general questions, please contact our offices at training@xTuple.com or call 757-461-3022, extension 118.
Field of Study
- Specialized Knowledge and Applications
xTuple is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN, 37219-2417. Visit: www.nasba.org.
Distance Learning Survey
xTuple's Online Training / Distance Learning program is Computer-Based Training (CBT) offered as instructor-led or self-paced options.
What type of training will meet your needs?
"I did NOT want to attend the Introduction to xTuple ERP course. I have 20 years of ERP experience in several packages and within several industries. I didn't think that an 'introduction' class was going to teach me anything new. I held my nose and kept an open mind, and after the first few hours, I was glad I had come. The course turned out to be a good investment, even for someone with my experience. The instructor led us at an easy pace through lecture, demonstration, and hands on configuration of the xTuple ERP application. By the last day we 'opened' our practice companies for business and were able to completely understand how the data flows through the business model."
--Shane Steinkamp, The Carpenter Company