The latest version of xTuple demonstrates their commitment to taking feedback from customers and incorporating those ideas back into the product. For every reason we decided to purchase the xTuple solution, it continues to exceed our expectations.
xTuple's Free Open Source SQL Report Writer
As part of all Editions of xTuple, built with the PostgreSQL database and the Qt GUI client framework, we built our own SQL report writer from scratch. It runs equally well on Windows, Linux and Mac OS X. We call it OpenRPT.
Download OpenRPT from our SourceForge project site or GitHub. OpenRPT is released under the GNU Lesser General Public License. You are free to use it as you wish. If you would like to purchase commercial support or embedded licenses, please see below. [Note: Click here first if you need a Free Trial of xTuple, a preview of all CRM, ERP and Accounting features.]
- Report definitions are saved in XML format, and support "grades" or versioning
- Stand-alone or embeddable WYSIWYG Report Designer
- Embeddable report renderer renders to local printers, including PDF and Postscript distillers
- Support for All/Even/Odd/First/Last Page Headers and Footers
- Support for multiple column detail sections
- Support for static and database sourced images
- Support for static and/or database sourced watermarks and page identifiers
- Support for multiple detail sections and optional, multiple group heads and footers for each detail section
- Most standard Bar Code Formats (3of9, 128, UPC, EAN-8, etc.)
- Avery standard Labels
- Portrait or landscape, Letter, Legal and A4 documents
- All major Operating Systems (Windows, Mac, Linux/Unix)
- Databases (right now):
- Generic ODBC connections
- With a little work:
- SQL Server
For more, please see the OpenRPT documentation.
We offer developer support for the open source OpenRPT at a flat rate of $225/hour. Please contact us for more information.