Project Management and Implementation Methodologies
xTuple now offers live, online classes — learning at the convenience and comfort of your own computer in the location of your choice — in a wide variety and ever-growing list of subjects vital to your success.
While not intended as a replacement for classroom training, the Project Management class may be viewed as a follow-up to Setup, Configuration and Operation — particularly if you are new to xTuple or ERP in general — or as a course to prepare you for the world of ERP.
- Time investment – Two-days, 12-hours total
- Available CPE Credits – 12
- Activity Level – Advanced
Classes are presented as follows:
- Wednesday, 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
- Thursday, 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
- Eastern Time (GMT-05:00-US & Canada)
- Note: This training meets 4 times. You are expected to attend all 4 sessions.
This advanced practices class provides essential strategies and methods for successfully managing the xTuple implementation process. If you are an implementation manager, financial manager or operations manager, then this course is designed for you.
Join xTuple's Training Evangelist Mike Atherton for this 12-hour remote training class.
This course provides participants with the foundation they need to successfully manage the implementation of xTuple ERP. Topics covered include but are not limited to:
- The importance of establishing a clear vision and expectations
- Building the project team
- Components of a successful pilot program
- Executing a the pilot program to reduce risk and accelerates the schedule
- Setting reasonable timeline expectations
- Basic Postgres administration and pgAdmin
- The role of accounting during the implementation
- Beginning balance techniques and considerations
- Methodologies for data migration importing data
- An introduction to the application infrastructure including reports, scripts, screens and packages
- An introduction to CSV import
- Using the xTuple Updater
- Comparison of xTuple ERP versions
- xTuple Connect capabilities that push information to users, customers, and suppliers
- Case studies and lessons learned
- Preparing end users for a smooth transition
- Evaluating the pros and cons of a clean break versus a parallel go live
Who should attend
- Implementation managers
- Financial managers
- Operations managers
At the conclusion of the course participants will be able to:
- Assemble the proper project team
- Articulate a clear vision and plan to end users and management that garners support
- Develop a comprehensive project plan centered around the piloting process
- Use basic feature of pgAdmin to administer the project piloting process
- Work with accounting to setup financial mappings, financial reporting and develop a plan for establishing beginning balances
- Prepare source data that can be used with CSV import for data migration
- Understand how xTuple Connect can be utilized to facilitate data exchange between xTuple and external entities
- Use the xTuple Update tool
- Leverage lessons learned from implementation case studies
- Group-live online
- Requests for refunds for Live Classes must be received in writing at least 30 days prior to scheduled start date of training session. All cancellations will be subject to a $100 cancellation fee. No refunds will be granted within 30 days of scheduled start date. For Web-based Classes, all sales are final. No refunds will be granted for Group Internet Classes.
- Participants of canceled classes will be offered course credits which may be applied to future courses and must be redeemed within 12 months of receipt.
- This class has been reviewed by the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy. Qualified attendees are eligible to receive 12 CPE credit hours. In accordance with the standards of the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, CPE credits have been granted based on a 50-minute hour.
- For more information regarding refunds, complaints and/or program cancellation policy or for general questions, please contact our offices at training@xTuple.com or call 757-461-3022, extension 118.
Field of Study
- Specialized Knowledge and Applications
- Only $495.00 USD per registrant
- Contact xTuple Training to reserve your seat in the next class
xTuple is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN, 37219-2417. Visit: www.nasba.org.