We needed a solution that would allow us to forecast for materials, with a lead time of up to 16 weeks and help us take control of our manufacturing costs. xTuple has proven to be a valuable tool for all areas of the company.
Automate Connections with xTuple Connect
Automate Your Business Software Connections
xTuple Connect (formerly known as the Batch Manager) is the easiest way to automate connections between your xTuple ERP implementation and other software systems, including any IMAP corporate email server.
It is a powerful, standards-based integration platform that enables Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) as well as real-time connectivity with other enterprise software such as CAD/PDM/PLM systems and a variety of eCommerce platforms.
EDI options range from simple emailing of basic documents (Invoices, Statements, Purchase Orders, Quotes, Sales Orders, Credit Memos) to highly complex XML input and output driven by XSLT style sheets and automatically processed in the xTuple ERP system. It includes support for xTuple's powerful MetaSQL scripting language which can be embedded in standard SQL queries.
Above: Using the embedded MetaSQL editor to customize the delivery of electronic invoices.
Here is a video illustrating one use case:
Some more great examples of xTuple customers using xTuple Connect:
- Bill of Material revisions in an electronics manufacturer's hosted PLM solution are automatically updated with the xTuple ERP system.
- Incoming XML purchase orders from a large grocery chain are converted to xTuple sales orders, shipped and an XML invoice is sent to the EDI server.
- Multiple eCommerce websites for different business units feeding orders into one xTuple ERP backend.
- In conjunction with the xTuple Web Portal, customers were able to track service tickets in the xTuple CRM module both via the web and via status updates sent by email.
- A weekly automated email to sales reps showing them customers that had not been contacted in the past sixty days; the results of nearly any query run against the database can be presented in a rich HTML email to customers, partners, or internal system users.