We needed a solution that would allow us to forecast for materials, with a lead time of up to 16 weeks and help us take control of our manufacturing costs. xTuple has proven to be a valuable tool for all areas of the company.
xTuple Product Managers drive company's vision
Product Managers are the CEOs of their products and are responsible for defining, prioritizing, planning and driving the execution of the vision for their product lines. Product Managers (PM) must possess business acumen as well as engineering wherewithal in order to be able to strategize, drive and bring their product to market.
PMs must work extensively with customers to independently gather and prioritize customer and market problems, perform market and competitive research, deliver business case and justification, forecast revenue for new products or product features, and guide solution development. The PM will work with engineering to provide product release requirements, including writing of Product Requirements Documents (PRD) and other key information.
The PM will work with marketing communications to define the go-to-market strategy, helping with understanding product positioning, key benefits and target customer(s). The PM will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for their product offering, occasionally working with the sales channel and key customers.
xTuple Product Manager Responsibilities:
- Research and define the market problems and product opportunities.
- Monitor market / competitors for technology shifts and impact to products.
- Deliver business case justification for new products or features.
- Develop high-level requirements and customer use cases for the development team and sign-off on the results.
- Manage the roadmap and prioritization of the backlog.
- Define user personas, user experience and scaling requirements for the product(s).
- Monitor licensor (vendors whose technologies we license) for their technology enhancements and shifts and how that impacts our products.
- Define and manage release dates and key milestones as well as play a key role in regular decision-making surrounding the product(s) with the development team.
- Develop documents such as the PRD and presentations that deliver information, based on the responsibilities listed above, and effectively communicate the PRD information to the development team and key stakeholders for buy-in.
- Manage the product and/or functionality from an on-going product life cycle standpoint from infancy through maturation and wind-down or end of life (EOL).