All we had to do was purchase the software and several licenses and see how we liked it. We could do the implementation ourselves, at our pace. Overall, xTuple gave us alternatives that no other vendor could.
Careers with xTuple
Imagine helping growing companies improve the way they do business
- You can — with xTuple, the global leader in commercial open source business management software.
Looking for a career that’s challenging, satisfying — and motivating? Consider xTuple as we build and deploy great technology for our customers to gain control over their operations and profitability.
- Our mission: Help companies of all sizes successfully implement powerful and easy-to-use open source Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software to grow their business profitably.
Our company owns and occupies a 10,000 square foot 1940s-era bank building which serves as our headquarters in the "Innovation Corridor" of downtown Norfolk, Virginia. All employees receive stock options, participate in quarterly profit-sharing and are eligible for company-provided health benefits. Other fun advantages of working here: close to all public transit (including "The Tide" light rail); a rooftop deck; an easy walk to coffee shops, restaurants, bars and urban living, all within minutes of the best active, outdoors lifestyle on the East Coast including the longest pleasure beach in the world, Virginia Beach. See photos on the official xTuple Facebook page or xTuple's Flickr Image Gallery for an even better idea of our work culture.
- Product Managers – Results-oriented evangelists to serve as the “CEO” of their product, driving the execution of product strategy and the vision of the company. More details on xTuple Product Manager positions.
- Quality Assurance Engineer – Programmers with a passion for quality to help us expand the scope of our software testing processes. If you've worked in Agile environments, have experience with automated testing, and are familiar with behavior-driven development, then we want to talk to you! Our customers value our QA process.
- C++ Developers – We continue to develop our Desktop application and are always looking for strong C++ talent. Experience with the Qt framework is a strong plus.
- Drupal Developers and Webmasters – Our Web Portal product and our own websites are built with the Drupal CMS, and we're continuing to develop rich interactions between Drupal and the xTuple ERP backend. If that sounds like fun to you, a) we're sorry, and b) let us hear from you!
- PostgreSQL Experts – We love the world's most advanced open source database, and if you do too, we'd like to hear from you. Every single one of our customers runs at least one PostgreSQL database, and we're dramatically expanding our cloud offerings as well. Looking for both developers and database administrators (DBA).
- ERP Professionals – Ever developed or deployed other ERP or accounting software products? The ERP Graveyard is filling up with these old products, but the skills you've developed over the past 20+ years implementing them are more relevant than ever! APICS certification (CPIM) is a strong plus, as is ability to travel. Certified Public Accountants (CPA) welcome. Got another three-letter acronym (TLA) we should know about? Contact us now.
- Telemarketing and Telesales Professionals – Enjoy a challenge? How about explaining ERP over the telephone? Just kidding ... (sort of). There are millions of smaller companies in manufacturing and distribution, many of whom have very little in the way of technology infrastructure. A core part of xTuple's mission is to share the benefits of enterprise-class software available and make it affordable for the companies who really need it.
- Internships – xTuple is always looking for interns in software development (see skills described above), sales and marketing, and information technology. If you have had exposure to small businesses struggling with business software, you are halfway here already. Coursework in relevant technologies or operations management is helpful. And, best of all, an internship with xTuple may qualify you for course credits in many college majors. Just ask us!
Send your resume in confidence to HR (at) xTuple.com. We are always accepting applications from talented people.
Please no inquiries from outsourced programming shops. All product development is performed by xTuple staff, trained xTuple partners and customers, or members of our open source community.
- Mission & History
- Management Team
- Jobs & Internships
- Customers & Reviews
- Contact xTuple Sales Team
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Quality Assurance Process
- News Room – Press Releases
- News Room – Publications
- News Room – xTupler e-News
- Photo Gallery
- World's #1 Open Source ERP
- xTuple Style Guide
- Media Inquiries